Monday, December 18, 2006

First TPM Shift

Finished my first week on TPM duty. It was a far easier task than I had anticipated. It could just all be winding down for Xmas, but the volume of tickets needing processed was far less than I had anticipated.

I found it much easier to find tickets for processing via the web interface than trying to track things via email - by email every single ticket change is sent - I got well over 500 emails in the course of the week, most of which were changes made to tickes being processed and solved. Dealing with that volume would have been unmanegable, but via the web it's an absolute doddle to find the tickets currently assigned to TPM and process them.

I solved two tickets directly: one about DPM pool accounts and the other about DTEAM VOMS/LDAP servers.

No comments: