Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New Fabric Management Schema Designed

I spent most of the day with svr031, desigining and implementing the new fabric management database system. Paul and Andrew reviewed my initial schema and suggested some improvements - the current schema is now described in the wiki.

Then I had to write a couple of scripts to take the extant information from the CVOS configuration files, and to add extra information for routed hosts, and then populate the database.

After that was done, I was able to write the first utility script, to extract an /etc/hosts file from the database. This is improved over the version recovered from DNS so I gave it to cfengine to distribute across the cluster.

Next stop, getting a working dhcpd.conf file, so that we can being new installations again.

This is useful and essential work, but bloody tedious at some level...

No comments: