We were recently asked to make sure that we were tagging our site as belonging to EGI and EGEE since the latter project has been ended for some time. This would typically involve changing a line entry in our site-info.def file and rerunning YAIM on the appropriate servers. However, as rerunning YAIM is a complete reconfiguration of a service, we decided to look into the exact alteration required to ensure that there was a low impact for the change.
As of June 2011, using a glite installation, the information that is published through the site bdii is stored in the /opt/glite/etc/gip/ldif directory on each server (this would be different using an EMI installation). The exact files that are in that directory depend on the type of service that is publishing, but in this case we're interested in the glite-info-site.ldif file which is on the site bdii itself. We have (or had) 3 entries mentioning EGEE:
Of these, we have updated
and restarted the site bdii. After a small wait for the update to appear, we are now appropriately tagged as belonging to EGI as opposed to EGEE. Discussions are now underway as to the appropriate values for the other two variables.
In the site-info.def file itself (which should be updated to make sure that a future run of YAIM on the site BDII does not reverse this change) the corresponding change in our case is:
For more information see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/MAN01