Monday, March 05, 2007

ALICE Queue Disabled at Glasgow

I have been regularly pruning the orphaned ALICE processes off the Glasgow CE. This morning I had to kill 371. We've had very little response from the user concerned, and I can't see how they will be motivated to fix the situation as ALICE have not, and at the moment will not, run any jobs at Glasgow. (We have a 5% share for ALICE as this is GridPP policy and, of course, we generally think grids work better if lots of VOs are enabled.)

I did check the local ALICE queue and it functions correctly.

However, I've now closed the queue in the hope that this will prevent the globus processes from spawning. We know from experience that if these processes are allowed to accumulate too much then they affect the performance of the CE and thus affect all users of the site

No comments: